Taxpayer Advocate Service
The Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS) is an independent organization within the IRS and is your voice at the IRS. Our job is to ensure that every taxpayer is treated fairly, and that you know and understand your rights as a taxpayer. We offer free help to guide you through the often-confusing process of resolving tax problems that you haven't been able to solve on your own. Remember, the worst thing you can do is nothing at all.
TAS can help if you can't resolve your problem with the IRS and:
- Your problem is causing financial difficulties for you, your family, or your business.
- You face (or your business is facing) an immediate threat of adverse action.
- You've tried repeatedly to contact the IRS but no one has responded to you, or the IRS hasn't responded by the date promised.
If you qualify for our help, we'll do everything we can to get your problem resolved. You'll be assigned to one advocate who will be with you at every turn.
We're not sure if this resource is right for you. Please answer some questions to see all available resources and information.
1240 E. Ninth St.
Cleveland, OH 44199
(877) 777-4778 National Toll-Free Line
(216) 415-3460 Cleveland Main Line