This interview will help you fill out the forms to file for a Civil Stalking or Civil Sexually Oriented Offense Protection Order.
Anyone who is the victim of stalking or a sexually oriented offense can request one of these orders. There does not need to be a specific type of relationship between the victim and the offender. Criminal charges or convictions against the offender are not required to file for the civil protection order.
You will need to:
- Register for a My OLH account. Registering will allow you to save and complete this form on your own schedule.
- Enter your information completely and correctly.
- Pace yourself and take breaks. All the information you fill out will be saved. You can click "Save & Exit" and return to complete your form.
- Download or email your completed form.
- Follow the instructions on the completed form to file with the court.
If possible, use a computer so that you can easily download your completed form or email it to yourself.
This project was supported by Grant Nos. 2022-WF-VA1-8855 awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this publication are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the U.S. Department of Justice.