You will need to include supporting documents with your forms. Documents you will need include:
- The original will (if the decedent had a will)
- Copy of the death certificate (redact Social Security Number)
- A detailed funeral bill that shows who paid the funeral expenses or who is obligated in writing to pay them
- Copies of documentation establishing the value of ALL of the assets listed in the application (examples: deeds, bank statements, auto title, last pay check, value of real estate from County Auditor, etc)
- Some courts may have additional requirements, like a certified copy of your marriage abstract if you are applying as a surviving spouse. Call the court or check their website to find out if you will need to bring additional documents.