Answer and counterclaim: Second cause eviction

No ofrecemos una versión en español de este formulario en Ohio Legal Help.

If your eviction summons says “second cause” on it, your landlord is suing you for money. You must file an "answer." Otherwise, the court might give your landlord the right to collect money from you. File an answer with a counterclaim if you think your landlord owes you money. Be prepared to state why.

You have 28 days from the day you receive the summons to file an answer and counterclaim. An answer is a written response to your landlord’s claim that you owe them money. You can use the template below to create your answer and counterclaim.

Your answer must be filed at the clerk of court’s office. You also have to send a copy to the landlord or the landlord’s lawyer, if they have one.

¿Fue útil esta información?

Hidden Fields

Mandar esta página a
No estamos seguros de que este recurso sea el correcto para usted. Responda algunas preguntas para ver todos los recursos e información disponibles.