Real Estate Transfer on Death Form

No ofrecemos una versión en español de este formulario en Ohio Legal Help.

Use this form to set up Transfer on Death for real estate in Ohio. This will let you transfer your home or land to your loved ones without a will and avoid probate court. Only unmarried people who own their home alone should use this form. If you're married or own property with another person, you should speak with a lawyer to understand your options. 

¿Fue útil esta información?
Mandar esta página a
No estamos seguros de que este recurso sea el correcto para usted. Responda algunas preguntas para ver todos los recursos e información disponibles.

Antes de empezar

Conozca lo que va a necesitar para llenar este formulario.
Ver más +
  • Choose your recipients. You can choose one or more people to become owner of any home or land that you own. If you leave it to multiple people, it’s important to understand that they will all have to agree about decisions related to the property, like whether to sell it.
  • Find a copy of your deed. The deed to your home contains information you will need to complete your TOD form: the legal description, including parcel ID number, and prior recording information. If you don’t have the original deed or a copy, you can get a copy from the County Recorder’s office. 
  • Complete form. You will need to include:
    • The exact legal description that is written on your deed, including the parcel ID number. If your parcel ID number is not included on your deed, you can find it on your real estate tax bill. You can also get it from the County Auditor’s office.
    • The County Recorder’s reference number, or volume and deed book number, stamped on your deed. 

Después de finalizar

Conozca lo que tiene que hacer cuando haya terminado de llenar este formulario.
Ver más +
  • If possible, have a lawyer review the form. It's important that the form is completed properly to make sure that your property transfers the way you want it to. A lawyer can help make sure everything is in order. 
  • Take the form to a notary. You need to sign the form in front of a notary and have it stamped. Make several copies of the stamped form for your records.
  • Submit the form at your County Recorder's Office.